Saturday, June 22, 2013

Race time fools

You can say my family is weird... VERY WEIRD! One day after going to dinner just my aunts and uncles. They come back and announce that we are going to organize a race.. Not just any race, but a 100 mile relay race... IN CANADA! Why you may ask? I have no clue. 

Ironically when they came back from dinner 7 years ago they had the idea for all of us to move.. Right next door to each other. That was a mistake. I think they need to stop going out to dinner together. 

But today was our 3rd Waterton to Glacier Relay race! And it wasn't too bad.
1st year: we had NO idea what was going on and it was absolutely crazy. We were going to kill each other by the end. And not the mention 2 minutes after everyone had crossed and we had taken down everything it started to POUR!

2nd year: went slightly better except it was so foggy you couldn't see up the road. So we run into the problem of runners getting lost or worse, running into bears. And by running into them I mean running right into them. My mom is some what blind and looked over and saw a horse on the side of the road. Which isn't uncommon. Till my grandpa said Leigh, that's a bear. When you see a bear the size of a horse that's when you know you're in trouble.

3rd year: it's was beautiful weather. Especially because its been raining so hard up here that all the lakes and river are over flooded and in Calgary they have to evacuate everyone because the water is up to their shoulders almost! We didn't have a lot of problems with wildlife and I got to go home early so I didn't have to help with cleanup!




And not to mention on this wonderful day was my grandpa pillings birthday! He is the hardest worker I know! Also the loudest snorer I know! He has been through so much including loosing his wife to cancer and almost loosing his life twice to an aneurism. He makes us all laugh and we always have a good time when we are up here with him. I love you grandpa.


And this concludes day: 3 only 15 more to go!


No comments:

Post a Comment