Saturday, May 4, 2013

sprinklers...

Our cute till house that we bought a little over a year ago needs serious help fixing up. We already took care of the puke green base and case, ceilings, and walls. (thank you grandpa) Well on to our next big project was sprinklers. Last year we spent everyday, correction, every hour moving sprinklers and hoses. WORST THING EVER.

That was before we started putting in the sprinkler system. 8 am I wake up and have to start digging trenches 6 inches wide 6 inches deep and about 3-5 feet long. There was about 6 of them. Because I guess there is a law saying you can't have power machines by a main line. After we finish those I started thinking...

"Hey mom don't we have to dig trenches all over the yard to get sprinklers all over?"
"Yes but we have a machine that does that for us."

I couldn't have been happier we were pretty much done and it was only 10. My dad left to go get the trencher and my mom told Braiden and I while we were waiting that we should start digging "the hole"

Braiden and I looked at her with confusion.. Only thinking that it will be like the trench but instead it will be a hole not a straight line.


WRONG!!!!! We did not know that this "hole" would be the end of us. It was not a hole that was 6 inches by 6 inches but a hole that was 4 feet by 4 feet. Okay a big hole. You ask yourself why did we dig that hole? To put a stop and waste valve in. You ask what that is.. yeah I don't know. All I knew was that it had to be done.

Well in order to put the valve in, we had to first find the water pipe. Hence why we had to dig 4 feet down. But sadly it was not 4 feet but......


8 FEET... yeah it was horrible. Well after 5 hours with the help of my dad, Tanner, Jaxon, Braiden, and I (to stand back and watch them work) We have found the pipe.

Pretty sure people passing think we are trying to find the lost city underneath our house-- Yes it does exist, and yes I will find it one day




No comments:

Post a Comment